Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hit the Ground Running

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were wonderful days for me, as I was on my respite trip in Tucson, enjoying the beautiful Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. It was a relaxing time, although I didn't get much sleep as we stayed out (too) late hanging out with friends of Mark's from his current and former places of employment. Our children called us quite often, so it was hard to miss them since we talked a lot. They did have a great time with Aunt Julie.

This first picture is of a waterfall that is right behind the resort that runs through the property. The second picture is the back side of the resort.

I came back from my respite trip on Wednesday and I hit the ground running. I immediately started laundry, unpacking and checking work email. We then had a licensing site visit from our Adoption/Foster Care Licensing Agency (AASK) at 4:00 PM. We learned that our red file staffing for a three year old little boy had been postpone indefinitely. God is enough, so if this little boy is for us, then he'll join us in His timing. If he is not our little boy, we will continue to pray for him and his new family. Until we know for sure, we will be praying for his current situation.

I worked two very hectic days at work on Thursday and Friday. I am still in limbo as far as whether or not I will have a job come the end of July, but God is in control. I have actually come to think that I might not make such a bad stay at home mom as the job market is not the best right now to be looking for another job. Financially the idea scares me, but I will do my best to get out of the boat and not sink if I end up receiving my RIF notice.

Even though my life has its own little challenges, there are those of my family and friends who have much bigger challenges in their lives compared to what I'm going through. I am very blessed and I have much and I want for nothing (except for maybe more time in each day - LOL).

In my last blog I mentioned that I was going to be spending extra time interceding in prayer for my family and friends as they go through challenges. I am especially prayerful for little Timmy as the doctors in the Cleveland Clinic try to determine why he is having seizures and the best way to stop them. His mom, grandma and one sibling are with him there, while the rest of his family is at home in Tucson as his length of stay could run into multiple weeks. I can't imagine having one of my children being ill and undergoing tests and my husband not being able to be with us during this time. Through this challenge that they are going through, their eyes are still focused on God and His plan for their little boy. I pray that the doctors are able to diagnose him quickly and come up with a treatment plan and reunite this family and I ask that you join me in this prayer.

Jeremiah 29:11 is my life verse and it brings me great comfort in knowing that God has a plan for me and my family, as well as little Timmy. And God is Enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment