Monday, November 22, 2010

It's Official... Sort of...

After months of prayer and budget spreadsheets, I have definitely decided that I will be leaving my current place of employment. I spoke with my director about my decision and we made an agreement in which I would stay until my 20 year anniversary, which is the middle of July, 2011.

Why would I agree to such a far out time? Why would my director even consider that? The answer is the same to both questions. We have a huge list of objectives to accomplish before he retires late next year, as do I and we want to see them through. He wants me to make sure that I have finished what I was forced to start with the outsourcing bid. He also wants to make sure that my successor is able to take up some of the vacuum that will be there when I leave. The management team knows what our plans are, but my employees do not (with the exception of my successor).

So, what next you may ask? I plan to be a stay at home, at least part-time. I will still need to bring in some sort of income to help cover the shortfall that we need for medical insurance premiums and if we want to have any extras. I've had several ideas come to mind, but my desire is to stay at home as much as possible and not have to work outside the home again. So, now I'm praying for whatever God has planned for this future step that we are taking.

On another note...

We may be having a wedding next summer, right after I leave my job. A little bird told me that a engagement announcement should be forthcoming in the next few weeks...

Stayed tuned for future developments.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for all of the possibilities in your life. It's been a long time coming, but I know this is going to be great for you and your family. xo Cindy

    ReplyDelete